Friday, August 1, 2008

Skid-free weekend


I joined a Stepmom support group on-line this week, and apparently I am very out of date with current stepmom lingo. The site refers to stepchildren as SKIDS, which I think is very clever. Husbands are refered to as DH's, which stands for Darling or Dumb Husband, depending on the day and the mood you are in. HAP's mom is refered to as a BM (bio-mom), and there are a great number of letters you can put in front of that one to let people know what she is like.

It's an interesting site to peruse, and i have to say I feel like I have it very easy compared to a lot of stepmoms, or SMs, out there. There are SMs who fear bodily harm from their skids! Skids that steal from them, lie to them, turn DHs again them, and generally hate them! HAP has never pulled the "you're not my mom so I don't have to what you say" thing with me. And I get good-night hugs and "i love yous" from all three of them, even P who's now 14. We have fun together. They are such good skids.

BUT... they are on vacation this weekend in CT with the BM so it'll be just me and my DH for a couple of days, and that is just fine by me! C and I are going to the Melting Pot for dinner and to a comedy club - not a bad date! D is definitely for Darling in our house.



–The Good Stepwitch

No comments: