Thursday, August 28, 2008

I've recovered

whin·y
[hwahy-nee, wahy-] adjective,
whin·i·er, whin·i·est.
1. complaining; fretful
2. how I get when I am cranky. (see below)

crank·y
[krang-kee] adjective,
crank·i·er, crank·i·est.
1. ill-tempered; grouchy; cross
2. eccentric; queer.
3. shaky; unsteady; out of order.
4. a pretty good description of me yesterday morning

Yesterday before leaving work to go home I checked in on my blog and re-read my post from that morning. "Hmmmmm...I wasn't in a very good mood this morning was I?" I considered updating the entry, but wanted to get home so I skipped it.

Last night I got a call from my mom. The conversation went something like this:

MOM: So, are you doing OK?
ME: Yeah, fine. Why?
MOM: I read your blog.
ME: Oh...yeah I was kind of whiny this morning wasn't I?
MOM: (pause) Yeah.

OK, I admit I was a whiny, cranky stepwitch yesterday morning. BUT, today is a new day and I am over whatever whiny cranky bug I had yesterday. HAP is coming over tonight and I am very excited to see them and hear about their trip. AND tomorrow is the last day of this very long work week, and the start of a 3 day weekend. BRING IT ON!

-The Good Stepwitch

1 comment:

bookpkb said...

But - Mom says you ARE allowed to have those days - I sure have my share - and I bet you remember some of 'em!