This is our home. It's a twin colonial - almost 100 years old. I love the color of our house. It's cheery and classic. I also love our bright American flag. When we moved in, there was a dirt driveway, ugly out-of-control shrubs in the front, a yard of weeds, and an unpainted front porch.
Now, we have a paved driveway, slightly more attractive shrubs in the front (we are still working on this...), new sod and a white painted front porch. (complete with critter living under it - argh)
This is the back of our house. There was no grass back here when we moved in, just dirt. This is C's crowning achievement, he seeded the lawn and cared for the new grass, and it really took off this summer. We painted the back door red. I love our door and wreath. And, even though it drops stuff on the cars and driveway, I LOVE our big tree. It keeps the whole back yard shaded and cool.
This is MY favorite improvement we've made to the house - the garage. When we moved in, this little building was a shack. It had no door, it was unpainted wood, and it was surrounded by weeds. We made it into a real, attractive detached garage.
The garage is the location of my garden as well. Or rather, the start of my garden. I just started it this spring, but I am looking forward to doing more with it next spring.
Inside! This is our living room. We painted everything, trim and walls. I am finally happy with the living room right now. C was a big help with this project.
And, our kitchen. We painted it green, added drawer knobs, and did a lot of behind the scenes work in here: insulation, some plumbing, etc.
I really do like a lot of things about our house. It's bright, lots of windows, it has character, it has new kitchen and bathroom appliances... I need to remember these things when I get frustrated about other aspects of the house. I also need to remember that we are not going to be here forever. OK, daily house therapy completed!
-The Good Stepwitch
1 comment:
You have such a beautiful home!
I love seeing old homes restored. You have done a really wonderful job.
Post a Comment