Monday, January 5, 2009

Ahhh, pants that FIT

Christmas vacation was so nice this year, lots of time with family, playing with HAP's gifts, eating good food and being quite lazy in general. Hence the no blogging in over a week... but now it is back to the work grind, so why not break up the day with a post? And what better subject to blog about than PANTS!!

So I am over 4 months pregnant now, and for several weeks had noticed my jeans were getting tighter and tighter. My solution most of the time was to wear sweatpants or wear my jeans with the button undone or held together with a rubber band. My tops were also getting tight, and the solution to that problem was to wear the same 3 loose-fitting tops I own over and over and over again.

I have read that most women put off getting maternity clothes until they just can't stand it any longer. I was definitely there. The thought of buying a lot of clothes that I will only wear for a few months killed me, but thanks to 2 awesome girls (Thank you Amy and Rannette!) I got to go shopping for free in their basements and came home with a bunch of "new" clothes that FIT me!! Heavenly.

I also got my first pair of maternity pants for Xmas. The size was a little off, and when I exchanged them for a pair that fit, I found I loved them so much I got a couple pairs! No more rubberbands and sweatpants! Thank you so much Cassandrew!

So I now have clothes that fit. I have also found that wearing maternity clothes makes you look pregnant, which is fun! Before, wearing my doctored-up regular clothes, I just looked kind of... pudgy, which is not fun. Why did I wait so long?


-The Good Stepwitch

2 comments:

Amy Mae said...

There is nothing better than maternity clothes, I tell you. Speaking of which, when would you like to come for dinner and go through the rest of mine?

Mrs. Fisher said...

Well, duh. Maternity pants are SO comfortable. I went shopping in Maguire's bins...and she actually shopped my pants! It was a nice trade :-)