I am in my 20th week of pregnancy, which means I am halfway through! On Monday we have an ultrasound scheduled to see if we can find out the sex of the baby - hopefully the little one will cooperate! As A likes to keep reminding me, she was NOT a cooperative fetus, and kept her legs crossed so no one could guess what she was. I really hope we will be able to find out, mostly because I am dying to start designing the nursery, but have been feeling nervous about committing to anything until I know if it's a boy's room or a girl's room.
At my last doctor's appointment, I found out that I am Rh Negative. This means I have a negative blood type. And THAT means I have to get a couple of shots to make sure that my body doesn't produce antibodies that might harm the baby if the baby's blood is positive. It doesn't sound like it is too big of a deal, and it becomes more of an issue if you go on to have more children, which is not the plan for C and I. One and done!
I am feeling good. Some heartburn discomfort lately, but nothing much. I am enjoying my little baby bump. Wouldn't it be lovely if it stayed this size? I can feel the baby moving and bopping about which is crazy. According to various websites, the baby is about 7 inches long now, can hear things outside my body, suck its little thumb, and poop! All very exciting.
This weekend I am seeing my college roommate, who is also pregnant! She is about a month ahead of me, and we are so excited to compare notes, and bellies! I'll post picts soon! And stay tuned to find out the baby's flavor! Will it be strawberry or blueberry???
-The Good Stepwitch
2 comments:
Find out Chris's blood type - if he's negative too you don't need the shot :) Congrats on the halfway point!!!
I can't wait to see the ultrasound photo. Oh, so exciting.
Post a Comment