It is very cold here in PA currently. It's been in the single digits the last 2 days and our old house just can't compete with that kind of cold. Our cellar is an icebox, and therefore, our pipes freeze. On the bright side, when we first moved into this house, our pipes froze regularly when the temp dipped into the high 20's. At least now with the insulation work we have done in the basement our pipes seem to be able to make into the teens without freezing. Progress!
Anyway, now I am a wreck because no one can shower here, the kids all have basketball games today (and will NEED to shower after them) and we have an overnight guest coming tonight, who I am guessing would also like to shower at some point. I am praying the pipes thaw by then. ARGH, is it spring yet??
-UPDATE-
Our water came back on at 6:30 this evening, thanks to some hard work by my darling hubby. I am realizing this house has a learning curve that comes with it. Every headache that comes along requires us to learn something new in order to fix it and hopefully stop it from happening again. Gotta love old houses.
-The Good Stepwitch
-The Good Stepwitch
2 comments:
Oh no! I have no advice, because I haven't dealt with THAT plumbing problem yet (knock on wood!). If you need showers feel free to come by :) I hope it gets fixed somehow!
Jess, your pain is all to familiar to me right now. Hand in there. Home ownership is the pitts sometimes.
Post a Comment