Last weekend we got our Christmas tree. We got a much smaller tree than last year, because last year I learned an important tree lesson. Last year I was all about getting a HUGE tree. We have high ceilings, and I have always loved big trees. So my husband indulged me and we cut ourselves one heck of a huge tree last December. Than we tried to put that sucker up.
It's true we have high ceilings, but I seriously over-estimated how much tree WIDTH we could handle. The tree was MUCH too big for our space. It dominated our living room. Not only was it monstrous, it didn't fit in our tree stand. So we had to shave the trunk down. And we had to tie the tree to the wall with rope to keep it from toppling over in the stand. I learned my lesson. No more big trees.
So, we got a lovely, slender 6ft tree this year, and I couldn't be happier with it!
It was COLD the day we picked out our tree, but we were armed with hot cocoa!
HAP riding home with our tree.
Charlotte says hi to the tree.
C and A putting on the lights.
Cooper supervises H's decorating.
C and P add their ornaments.
Our lovely tree! A perfect fit! HAP did such a great job decorating!
Our Christmas kitty, Charlotte. She was SO pleased to be wearing this bow, can't you tell?
-The Good Stepwitch
1 comment:
Yay for solitude! Gotta love it! How did's A's first babysitting gig go?
Post a Comment