Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Trip to Louisville



C and I traveled to Louisville KY for the weekend with several members of his family for a weekend of partying, drinking and dancing in honor of his cousin's birthday. There was a massive fireworks display on Saturday night as well (to celebrate the upcoming Derby) and I frigging LOVE fireworks! I get almost giddy during a fireworks show. So it was a great weekend and it was nice to be away for a whole weekend among adults and revert back to the college lifestyle for a few days. Oh, and I also flew on a very small plane, and managed my fear of flying very well. I won't say I conquered it, because I know I'll be just as nervous the next time I have to fly, but I MANAGED to hold things together very well.

I found myself in a postion that I have been finding myself in more and more lately. When I hang out with people who don't have kids, I feel a little disconnected with them in some ways, because I have this side to my life now that they have no real concept of, and I don't want to bore them with it. On the flip side though, when I hang out people who DO have kids, I feel a disconnect there as well because I am thinking on the inside "I am soooo different from you because I don't have kids". Does that make sense? Not that it hinders any relationships or anything, sometimes I am not even aware of the feeling until later, but I find it strange to be straddling this social line sometimes. Like I use to (and still do sometimes) hate when parents talk about their own kids ALL the time. I don't like knowing more about someone else's kids than I do about some of my own family members. But now, I catch myself starting to become one of those people! And I'm not even HAP's mother!! It's so funny.

OK, enough babbling for today, must get back to work.
– The Good Stepwitch

No comments: