This weekend, I had wonderful Friday night out with my mom. She met me after work for dinner and a night out shopping in West Chester. Beautiful weather and such good girl time. We shopped at this cute vintage boutique, Mom got a beautiful ring, I got a sweet little vintage black dress and Mom treated me to an early Christmas gift: a vintage Christian Dior silk blouse. I have never owned Dior anything, so it was a serious treat and I love it!
Saturday, C and I drove with R to Philly for the annual Multiple Myeloma Research Foundation 5K which we do every year with a bunch of family members to raise money to find a cure for the cancer that took C's dad almost 5 1/2 years ago. C had a personal goal this year to finish the race in under 21 minutes, which he did. R and I cheered him on at the finish.
![]() |
| Team Fighting for Frank - 2013 |
| Team runners |
| The start! Hubby is in the lead! |
| Hubby coming in for his finish - first place in his age group! |
Afterwards we took R to the Please Touch Museum in Philly , which is really the coolest kids museum ever. We spent 3 hours there, and R could have kept going. His favorite things are shopping in the play supermarket (we did that 3 times) and shooting off air rockets in the space room.
![]() |
| I love that his cart contained an entire chicken, syrup, cupcakes, fish, hot dogs, plus a bunch of veggies I could never get him to eat at home. |
![]() |
| Gotta get in shape for soccer |
![]() |
| My guys XO |
Sunday was church and soccer. R continues to love soccer, which I am sooo happy about, because his team just isn't good. They try hard, but they just don't have the skills. R really tries hard, and is happy every week, even though he knows the other team did better (that team was tricky, he likes to tell us). I am glad he enjoys the game for the game itself.
This is what gets me through the weeks right now. Knowing good stuff like this happens on my weekends. That's where my heart and my joy are, now more than ever.
-the good stepwitch




No comments:
Post a Comment