It was an absolutely beautiful fall day today! Sunny and crisp and full of activity! R had his last swimming lesson of his session and got a very good "report card" from his swim teacher. She suggested one more Eel session and then thought he would be ready to move up to Ray! R also got a really cute YMCA swimming t-shirt, nice!
C and I loaded R up in the car after swimming to head to a comic book store in Delaware that our local librarian had mentioned was having a super sale/halloween party. Kids that came in costume would get a goody bag and a free comic! We were
so in!!!
Here is R in the parking lot of the comic book shop. He asked C earlier to call him "Peter Parker" because that was his secret identity. I think C felt very proud of R for being so into his character...
 |
Here R is as mild-mannered Peter Parker. I think he looks like he belongs in a Hans & Frans skit from SNL |
 |
Look out! It's really Spiderman! And he's been working out at the gym! |
The comic shop was awesome. R got 3 (!) free comics, a goody bag, he got to play his first game of pinball (and he did pretty well!). And he got to look at action figures, TONS of action figures...
 |
| I think he could have stayed here for an hour. |
 |
"Mommy I'm reading my comic, but I'm just making up stories for the pictures." |
We also carved our pumpkin tonight. R was very clear that he did not want a scary pumpkin, so after looking at all the stencils that came with our pumpkin carving tool kit, he decided he didn't like any of them. So mommy got creative and drew a happy pumpkin face on paper, which R helped me stencil onto the pumpkin. The daddy set to work carving. The result is a happy pumpkin and a happy boy!
 |
| Helping mommy stencil |
 |
| Helping daddy pull out the carved pieces |
 |
| Silly boy! |
 |
| Two cute little pumpkins! |
 |
| I love jack-o-lanterns! Happy Halloween! |
-the good stepwitch
No comments:
Post a Comment