Friday, November 21, 2008

First Snow!

November 21, the first snow fall of the winter of 2008-2009! This morning the snow took me completely by surprise - I haven't been watching the news the last few days and didn't realize were going to get anything! But it was a lovely first snow, just enough to coat all the trees and make everything white and still, but not enough to make the roads bad. Perfect!

I wanted so badly to take a picture of it this morning, and of A all bundled up and excited for her walk to the bustop, but when I got out our camera I was so disappointed to find that I think it is broken!! I put new batteries in, but it still won't turn on. Bummer.

So I grabbed this picture from our news station's website. This is pretty much what it looked like outside our windows this morning:



So nice. And I was pleasantly surprised by the fact that our house wasn't even that cold this morning, even though it was VERY cold outside. Our old house has never been very heating-efficient, but every year we try to make some small improvements in weatherproofing our home, and it's nice to feel like they might actually be paying off!


-The Good Stepwitch

No comments: