This year our church is holding a Trunk-or-Treat, which is when you park your car (at the church) and decorate it and kids can trick-or-treat by going from car to car. It's basically a Halloween Tailgate! It's nice for kids who live in rural areas with no huge neighborhoods, and it's GREAT for me because even though we live right in town on a fairly busy street, no one really comes to our door on Halloween. And I wanna give out candy!!!
So I have great plans for our setup this year. We are doing a Wizard of Oz theme, specifically, the Wicked Witch's Woods. I will take pictures as we start getting our props together, but A will be Dorthy, H will be the Wicked Witch (though, she has made it clear she is going to be a cute, funky-cool Witch - she will not be anything ugly) and R will be the cowardly lion. I am so excited!
On another note, this past weekend, my family participated with a lot of our extended family in the annual Multiple Myloma Foundation 5k Race. Four years ago we lost my hushand's dad to MM. Each year since we have done this race in his honor with many family and friends. This year I was so proud of C - he came 1st place for his age group, and finished the race in 4th place overall!! He was all like, "yeah, no big deal" but I know it meant something special to him, and I was so happy for him. He even got a medal, though he refused to pose for a picture wearing it (silly man, did you think I'd post it here? Well, yeah, I totally would...) but I did take a picture of the medal.
So welcome Autumn, and please don't go and turn into winter too quickly! Stick around and let's have apples and cider doughnuts and leaf piles and pumpkin hunting and hayrides first, OK? Deal!
-The Good Stepwitch
No comments:
Post a Comment