Friday, September 30, 2011

Naked Life?

It's a quiet Friday night at our house, only kids in the house are H and R. P is out with his girlfriend and A is at a sleepover. It's so neat to see how the kids social lives have evolved over the last few years. P has a lovely girlfriend, and he is really good boyfriend, I have to say. Even though I am only his stepmom, I take pride in the fact that he is a courteous, affectionate and polite boyfriend.

A is at a surprise birthday party for a friend of hers. Seeing A with her girlfriends makes me remember my friends in high school and how loud and ridiculously silly we could be together. We would seriously get high off of just being in the same room together. And I remember the mom of one of my friends commenting on how we "wore her out" when we all got together. I completely understand that comment now. Needless to say, I am sooooo glad this party is at someone else's house tonight instead of here.

So, it is just H and R here with me and the hubby on Friday night. Which means C and I are enjoying a bottle of wine, H is reading and Ryan is playing LIFE. The board game. While wearing only a diaper. He spins the spinner over and over and picks a random card and drives his little red car all over the board. We will play for real when Ryan goes to sleep in a little bit.

Sidenote: Seriously, why does H love the Game of LIFE? It takes forever to set up and forever to play and it's not that fun and no one ever really wins or loses. Not my favorite game, but it's a H night so she gets to pick and that's fine.




Best Quote of the night:

H: (exasperasted, because she has spent FOREVER setting up the LIFE game board) Ryan you can't play LIFE!"

R: "Why not?"

H: "Because you can't play LIFE naked!"

For the most part, I agree.

No comments: