What if I just brushed over the past two years, full of so many joys and just as many sorrows, and moved right into the present? A lot of stuff has stayed the same. We live in the same house, (though there is a new family member with us now!) and the house is still the source of a lot of headaches for me... I am still a graphic designer, though now employed at a new studio. I still love what I do and can't imagine doing anything else, except maybe being a stay-at-home mom. (I wish!)
I really enjoyed this blog when I was writing it regularly 2 years ago, but stuff happens, and shit happens too, and priorities get re-ordered. I tried starting a new blog a couple of months ago. It was about life as a cancer survivor living with a brain tumor. Seriously, who wants to read a blog like that? And more importantly, I didn't want to write a blog like that. I want to blog about my 2-year-old trying to master the potty, and P's senior year of high school, and A's first homecoming dance, and H's art class - she's drawing pears. She's been drawing pears for three weeks now. I am wondering when she will graduate to a new fruit.
And I want to blog about my amazing husband, C, who holds me together in every way imaginable. This month we celebrated our 5 year anniversary. 2 years ago, on our 3rd anniversary, we got the news about the tumor. And in the words of Forrest Gump, that's all I have to say about that.
Things are good now. And I want to blog about now. So what if I just started this blog up again? Would anyone read it? Will I even want to keep it going? I hope so.
2 comments:
Welcome back, Stepwitch!
Yeah!! So glad to see you back in the world of blog.
Post a Comment