Well, C and I have decided to begin car searching. Scratch that...we have decided to begin MINIVAN searching. That's right, the time has come for me to fully embrace my stepmom status and own a "family vehicle". Sigh.
I am not a fan of minivans. I agree that they are practical for families. And Lord knows we can't keep driving two cars everywhere whenever one of the kids has a friend over - that's not very fuel efficient. And yes, it will be so nice to take a car trip without hearing HAP in the back seat complain about how someone is crossing over into their personal space...but still there is a part of me that cringes a little bit at joining the ranks of those full fledged soccer-mom kid chauffeurs in their minivans. Part of me is still clinging to my two-door Mazda coupe days, when it didn't matter that my back seat was frigging impossible to get into.
We are going to start looking with the hope of buying before the end of winter. I have made one humble request of C in our search. I would like our minivan to have a moonroof. I have never had a car with a sunroof or a moonroof, and I think on some level, it would make me feel slightly more cool driving around in a minivan with a moonroof. Right?
Or I could take Peyton Manning's advice and paint some flames on that baby!
view his commercial here
-The Good Stepwitch
2 comments:
Welcome to the club!! Oh wait, I don't have soccer games to go to though :)
Flames, moonroof, it's still a mom mobile. I'd make C. drive it & keep the car.
Post a Comment