Monday, October 27, 2008

Leaves and Pumpkins

Sunday was beautiful here, warm and sunny the perfect day for fall activities. Activities like raking leaves! Thank goodness we have a small yard, so at least it goes pretty quickly. Our big tree still has plenty of leaves on it though, so we definitely still have some raking ahead of us. I was so impressed with the girls! I went out and raked piles (which was actually SO nice, I don't mind raking our yard at all when it is so nice outside...) But I HATE filling bags with leaves, so that's where the kids come in. I made 4 large piles, called the girls outside and told them to pick a pile and start bagging. I thought they would each do a pile, and then C and P would do their piles later. But after they each did their one pile, they just grabbed another bag and each did another pile! So nice!

Afterwards we had hot cocoa and the girls started working on our jack-o'-lantern. They love scooping out the "guts" of the pumpkin (another thing I'm not big on) so they had a great time doing that and "slimeing" each other in the process. They each made sketches for what kind of face they wanted for the pumpkin and made presentations to C and I to see which design would win. Of course, we combined the ideas, and C went to work carving. We were all very pleased with the results:










-The Good Stepwitch

No comments: