Sunday night when HAP was at our place, H came up to me at bedtime with the book Animalia, a big alphabet book with great animal illustrations. She's had it at our house since we moved in, I don't know when she got it.
She asks me: "Why did someone write in my book?"
Me, confused: "What do you mean someone wrote in your book?"
And she shows me that on the inside cover of her book there is an inscription.
So I explain that a child owned this book before she got it, and the person who bought the book for that child wrote them a special message in the book.
"Let's see what they wrote to the child!" I said.
The inscription went something like this:
Dear Max,
I think you will grow to appreciate this book more and more as you get older. And someday I hope Wynne will enjoy it too.
Love, Uncle Bob and Janet
And I think:
Max and Wynne...the woman I share an office with has 2 kids named Max and Wynne...and those aren't the most common names!
So I check with my office mate and YES! Her kids have an Uncle Bob and she remembered them getting Animalia from him - over 17 years ago!! She had no idea when or where she donated the book, but it was a long time ago (her kids are in college now) and it found its way onto my stepdaughter's bookshelf! We thought that was pretty funny! Small world!
-The Good Stepwitch
No comments:
Post a Comment