Monday, September 1, 2008

Dynamo Diva!

H tried out for and made a traveling soccer team for the fall season. She is a very good soccer player - a good athlete in general - and this weekend was her first soccer tournament. It was about an hour away in NJ and she played in 3 games. It was hot, but thankfully not as humid as it could have been. What a long day for her though! Her first game was at 8, her second at 12:30 and the last one was at 4:00. The games lasted about an hour, so there was a lot of down time. Note to self: bring more to do next time. I didn't even have a book! H had her teammates to play with, but C and I got very bored.

Her team is named the Dynamos, and I'm being modest when I say they CRUSHED the teams they played. It was a great start to the season, and C and I are so pleased that she is on a good team with some really nice girls. H played defensive wing and goalie, and no one scored on her when she was in goal which was great. ( and a big relief! It stressful watching your player in goal!) C is so funny watching her play (really, watching ANY of his kids play a sport). He is definitely a sideline coach, and gets very into the game. I kept telling him to relax because this was the first day of the entire season, and we have a long way to go. The team was awarded trophies for tying for 1st place. They also get a patch from each of the teams they play, which was kind of cool. As H showed me her 3 patches from the day she said proudly: "These are the teams I dominated!" Too funny! Way to go Dynamos!

You're not getting by this Dynamo...



Look at the focus...



Proud Dad with his Dynamo...

1 comment:

Mrs. Fisher said...

You were in NJ? Where in NJ? :-)