Monday, June 16, 2008

Let's hear it for the Dad

So it was Father's day this past weekend, and HAP and I made C breakfast in bed and let him sleep in as long as he wanted. (which he totally didn't take advantage of, because my husband can sleep until 2 in the afternoon if he really puts his mind to it, and he was up by 10.) But I thought I would take a minute to list the reasons C is a wonderful father...

• He is never to busy, tired, or cranky to spend time with the kids
• He reads to them/with them every day
• He drives them all over creation and back, to play dates, to soccer games, to the pool, to school, to anywhere
• He helps them with homework
• He chaperones their fieldtrips
• He coaches all three of their basketball teams
• He makes dinner almost every night (OK, that's why he's a wonderful husband...)
• He plays Barbies with his daughters
• He plays Hannah Montana in the car - sometimes
• He gives out lots of hugs and bandaids
• He lays down with scared kids during thunderstorms
• He takes his son to concerts and moshes with him
• He keeps their stepmom from feeling overwhelmed

Let's hear it for the Dad!



– The Good Stepwitch

2 comments:

Crawler said...

I'm guessing C would appreciate the Hannah Montana comment left out of that one :)

Amy Mae said...

OK, I'm a bit late, but your Hannah Montana fans over there NEED this!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200240927883