Tuesday, May 20, 2008

South Bend Trip

C and I traveled to South Bend, ID this past weekend for C's brother's graduation from Notre Dame. We drove. It took 11 hours. Around hour 8, I was re-thinking my whole fear-of-flying issue. But seriously, it wasn't that bad, and since we drove with C's parents, it didn't end up being a whole lot of driving time for any one person. We were all so glad that C's dad was able to make the trip. He did really well and had a great time. I was so glad he got to see C's two brothers, and that they got to see him and see that he is doing OK.

C's brother and his brother's wife were both graduating, so there were lots of ceremonies to attend, and lots of celebrating to do! We had a great time with family and touring the campus and C and I got to see his brother's house for the first time. Notre Dame is beautiful! It's so different from my college, Kutztown, PA! I'm sure they will miss living there, I know I would.

We pushed it on Sunday night and arrived home around midnight. C and I had taken Monday off, so we got to just lay around the house and rest after our busy weekend. As always, It was really nice to get away for a few days. But it makes getting back into the work groove that much harder! ugh.

-The Good Stepwitch

1 comment:

Amy Mae said...

I'm with you on that fear of flying issue! Just be happy you weren't driving to Sheridan, Wyoming with a 10 month old. Trust me :)