
On Sunday, P became a confirmed member of our church. He was in classes the past two years, and is now considered an adult member. It's a big celebration at our church and we were all looking forward to the day! C and I celebrated with P the night before by going out to dinner and to see Iron Man, and we had a blast. Sunday morning we got to church for a confirmation brunch, which was huge! My parents also joined us, though C's parents couldn't make it. We gave P his gift, which was a album of photos of his whole family, (HAP's mom helped me with this) and special messages from all his family. I think he liked it. The service was nice too, the confirmands all wear white robes and get a corsage, and the parents of the confirmand stand with them as the pastor gives them a special blessing. Cake and more celebrating afterwards. It was really nice and made all the kids feel very special. I can't believe how grown-up P is becoming!
No comments:
Post a Comment