Thursday, August 29, 2013

So What's New?


Really, I know, I know.

This is the saddest blog ever.

Thank goodness no one really reads it, though it might be neat to see how quickly our life progresses when I only post about once every 8 months or so! Except that the info I updated on my last post and nice family picture I uploaded are already sadly outdated. Bummer. I think I just have to accept that this is way I blog now. There is no schedule, there is no theme. It is a random few minutes to jot down some some thoughts, share something funny, brag about something our kids did. It's not something I should feel pressured by. It's a 10-minute brain break. I only hope I get to have 10-minute brain breaks a little more often...

It's the start of another school year, so what better time to start a new blog post. P headed back to Penn State for his sophomore year. Such a difference from last year! He was excited to see his friends, there was no great "setting up of the dorm room". It was a "throw everything on the bed and let's go get lunch" sort of move in day. He has a new roommate, someone he knows and likes (thank you God!), no 8:00 classes, and we haven't heard anything from him, which means he is content and that is good.

H and A started classes this past Monday as well. A is a junior this year and H is 8th grade. The girls are becoming so beautiful I can hardly stand it. I can't believe A will start looking at colleges this year.

My little guy is 4 now. He likes to remind us of that fact. He just got his first bike and that has been more stressful than I could have imagined. R has a love/hate relationship with his bike. He loves that he has a bike, he hates to ride it. He has had some good rides (rides usually consist of going around the school parking lot across the street one time) but he has also had plenty of tearful rides where I feel like we are torturing him by forcing him to ride his little green two-wheeler with training wheels. The drama! Coming in from a particularly bad ride the other day, he announced (for the whole neighborhood to hear) he was NEVER GOING TO RIDE THAT BIKE AGAIN!!!!!! sigh. It can only get better!



This was a good bike day!


Oh, and in other news, C and I are going to be celebrating our 7th anniversary in September. According to the Traditional anniversary gift list, this year is the "Wool" anniversary. I thought that was pretty lame, so I checked what the Modern anniversary gift is for the 7th anniversary. I would never guessed it. It is the "Desk Set" anniversary. DESK SETS???? Nothing says bring on another 7 years like a good desk set... I loved you last year C, but this year I "Desk Set" love you! 

So that is my 8 month update. When will the next entry in my blog be posted? Your guess is as good as mine. Hopefully before our 8th anniversary, or should I say our "Linens/Lace" anniversary. (that's way better than desk sets...)


- the good stepwitch

No comments: