But that is part of tomorrow's excitement. Today we kicked off the weekend with R's school Christmas performance/pancake breakfast. C was all in, mainly because of the "all you can eat" pancakes part. Last year, we went to R's Xmas performance, and while we enjoyed it, we were bummed that he was really too young to do anything except sit in his teacher's lap. (And eat about 3 pancakes, of course...) But this year, he definitely participated more, doing all the little motions for each song and clapping like crazy at the end of each one. It was a lot more fun to watch! He also made an ornament and we all had our share of yummy pancakes. Cute morning!
I think one little girl was ready to be finished with the singing...
This evening our whole family went to our church for the annual "Hanging of the Greens" night. We all had a great hoagie-feast, games, crafts and started decorating the church. P and A are staying at the church tonight for the youth lock-in, so they will probably not get too much sleep - but they have a lot of friends at church so, I'm sure they'll have a blast.
Tomorrow we head out to find our tree. Hopefully it won't be too tough, I'm not at all picky when it comes to trees... it just has to a 7 ft Fraiser Fir with a drilled, straight trunk, no bald spots and nothing living it. (you think I'm exaggerating, but we brought home a tree with a mouse living in it when I was a kid.) We are also taking R to see SANTA, so wish us luck.
This is last year's Santa picture:
I'm hoping their relationship has improved over the summer.
–The Good Stepwitch
No comments:
Post a Comment