Friday, March 28, 2008

My First Post!

After a very slow week at the design studio, I decided to start my own blog to give me something to do during my hour long lunch break, which is usually spent at my desk. I have been at the G Studio for almost 4 years now, and overall, I like my job a lot. But we are a small studio and have had our share of rocky times lately, thanks to the current financial crunch many companies are feeling. Currently, there is very little work in house, but we have all been assured by "Head G" that things will be changing soon. I certainly hope that is the case, otherwise my entries in this blog might become a little long winded.

I am 31 years old. I married the man of my dreams in 2006 and in doing so became a stepmother to 3 children. The youngest is H, a 8 year-old girl who is part tom-boy and part princess (a great mix, in my opinion). The middle child is A, an organized and social 11 year-old girl who loves to be in charge. Of anything. All the time. Their big brother is P, a 13 year-old boy who is quickly turning into a remarkable young man. Collectively, they are HAP, and HAP has made my life crazy, meaningful, stressful, busy, rewarding, and wonderful in every way. It's been almost exactly two years since we all moved in together and started our lives as a blended family. I probably would have benefited from this blog more in our first year together (at least I would have had some pretty entertaining entries!) but it is only recently that I feel like I have truly started to settle into my new role as wife and stepmom, and therefore have time to actually do something like this.

Here's the family breakdown for us:
My Husband, C, and his wife married in college and had 3 kids. They divorced after 7 years of marriage. She moved in with another man, married and had 2 more boys. C and the ex have joint custody of HAP. They are with my husband and I 2 days a week and every other weekend.
This works out pretty smoothly because our homes are about 10 minutes apart.

It hasn't been a road withouts bumps. Big ones. After living on my own for 8 years after college, I'm still coming to grips with the fact that my life is not 100% my own anymore. But we are becoming more and more settled in our blended lifestyle. And C is just about the most understanding and supportive husband on the planet, so I am very lucky there.

SO that's my first blog entry. Hopefully more will follow.

-The Good Stepwitch

1 comment:

Amy Mae said...

Welcome to the world of blogging :)